Update for Oct. 17: The video feed above has been up to date for Day 4 of the 2021 International Mars Society Convention.
The twenty fourth Annual International Mars Society Convention begins Thursday (Oct. 14), and you’ll watch the complete factor online totally free.
The Mars Society, a space advocacy group supporting the human exploration of Mars, could have digital panels online between Thursday (Oct. 14) and Sunday (Oct. 17). Register here in your ticket (together with an optionally available donation) and take a look at the full schedule at this link.
“The four-day online forum will bring together leading scientists, government policymakers, commercial space executives, and space advocates to discuss the latest scientific and technological developments and challenges related to the human and robotic exploration of Mars and the eventual human settlement of the Red Planet,” the Mars Society mentioned in an announcement.
Presentations will happen over Zoom, whereas attendees and presenters can community over platforms together with cell app occasion platform Attendify, chat and collaboration device Slack, and digital networking and social digital actuality platform AltspaceVR by Microsoft.
According to the Mars Society, listed here are a few of the highlights attendees can sit up for:
- NASA deputy administrator Pamela Melroy’s particular tackle on “NASA’s Path to Mars”;
- NASA chief scientist Jim Green’s dialogue about the way forward for aerial exploration on Mars, in the wake of the Ingenuity drone mission;
- A stay broadcast with employees members of a Martian analog referred to as AMADEE-20, with employees members in Israel and Austria;
- An replace about NASA’s Perseverance rover mission by deputy mission scientist Katie Stack Morgan;
- An replace about the United Arab Emirates’ Mars Hope mission by mission supervisor Omran Sharaf;
- A presentation about China’s space program, by University of Hong Kong planetary geologist Joseph Michalski
- A speak about human space exploration by José M. Hernández, former NASA astronaut and Tierra Luna Engineering CEO;
- An tackle about terraforming Mars, by NASA Ames Research Center researcher Chris McKay;
- A speak about attainable biosignatures in the ambiance of Venus by Massachusetts Institute of Technology planetary scientist Sara Seagar;
- A dialogue about NASA’s Titan Dragonfly mission by principal investigator Elizabeth Turtle at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Follow Elizabeth Howell on Twitter @howellspace. Follow us on Twitter @Spacedotcom and on Facebook.
Correction: The Mars Society despatched up to date data to its preliminary press launch indicating that the group is now utilizing AltspaceVR. The article has been up to date to replicate this data.